Saturday, November 24, 2007

Mountain Biking - Case Mtn.


20 degrees this morning. Planned to mountain bike with my friend Dave from work at Case Mtn., Manchester, CT. Started at 8AM and was a bit apprehensive, not knowing the trail and lacking experience. Dave is an expert rider/triathlete and has a new frame he wanted to try, and I'm a rookie just looking for a workout and to not wipe out.....basically. Didn't take long to get the heart pounding and legs working. This trail is supposedly an easy one in comparison to other's in the area but it was enough for my skills. There were a couple of tough downhill, rocky slopes that got me nervous. One time when Dave was out of site, I yelled out to him to let him know I was turning back. I felt like quitting, but walked the bike a bit and got back on. It was a good experience all in all. You need to stay focussed ahead of your path and have confidence in how the bike handles the terrain. Stay back and loose on the downhills. Let the bike do its thing. At the end I felt relief, yet a sense of accomplishment. A great workout as I sweat through 3 layers and my wind breaker, even in that cold! Thanks to Dave for getting me out there and holding back so I can somewhat keep up.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Two very handsome gents!! Not sure if that photo conveys just how COLD it was!