Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Monday Night Ladder - 11/26/07

I was playing in the upper tier of the bracket for the first time and fared pretty well against good competition although I did lose 3-4 to both guys directly ahead of me which won't get me anywhere in the standings. I barely had a winning record at 11-10 this night. Could have been better, could have been worse. I gave away about 5 points with poor drop shots that would have worked if they made it over the net. I used an adjustment on my serve where I forced my backswing to a "backscratch" position. This seemed to put more spin and control on the ball as the angle I made contact must have changed. I ended the night with a 5-2 win over a guy who has been playing well and moved to the top bracket recently. I also came back from 1-4 down to win a few tough games against Frank who just lives to put balls back in play. He gives you nothing, so you need to make your points. I moved him around a bit and powered balls to the corners which eventually he couldn't catch up with. By putting my racquet further back in my swing I picked up some speed. Just need to keep ball inside the baseline obviously. No problems this time with slices as I can react and put into play better.

No comments: