Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Monday Night Ladder - 11/19/07

After a very good week last week with 15 points, I stay at the bottom tier and play the same guys. My friend Satish has not been playing recently due to family obligations and Ramon has gained some success and moved up. I'm 7-7 vs. Ramon.

2-5 Mike (volley/volley/slam and dinks kept me guessing and off-balance)
3-4 Bruce (he was steadier and more confident this night)
5-2 Warren (had longer rallies but still was able to win more points)

I have so much to learn and am afraid I have peaked…gets discouraging…I'm thinking for one thing, I'm not good enough for my racquet yet...
Actually I didn't realize it until later but I was mired in a slump it appeared…since 6-1, 6-1 last week was 2-5, 2-5 and down 1-4 until I struggled to go 8-2 over the next 2 matches to get to respectable….I felt good but still no power in my shots…others can pass shots by me that I can't get to…I don't do that... couldn't take any offensive stands it seemed…missed slams, missed drops…stuff like that….I tried to hit lower and with more velocity which worked until net ball = unforced errors

I moved to top 4 of our 8 member ladder as Ramon moved up and Satish hasn't been playing so not a great accomplishment. The quest moves on.

No comments: