Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Monday Night Ladder - 1/7/08

Disappointing results for me. I had a chance to separate myself from 8:30 elite but lost some important points in games I had 40-30 leads. Played Frank well with the best drop shots (earned 5 points) I ever had and ended up 3-4. I then played the Satish sub - Dan who presented himself as very beatable. Lefty but with only defense. He just punched everything back mostly as high, no spin lobs or blocked shots. I rallied a bit with him then looked for the knock out punch and then preceeded to hit long or just wide. Need to pronate more on wrist and apply topspin more. Lost 2-5 in a crushing defeat. I lost 3-4 to Ramon who also lost 2-5 to Satish-Dan. 8 wins - 13 losses. I'm not worthy.

I did have a little rust from 2 week layoff but no excuse...one thing I did wrong was overeat before the match. Not smart. I played like an old fat guy!

No comments: