Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Monday Night Ladder - 12/10/07

Had a decent outing but not too satisfied. I was trying to apply tips from the lesson: the new swing and attempting to hit the ball early. All in all it felt good regardless of the lackluster results. I gained 12 points with 2-5, 3-4, 7-0. This should keep me at the top part of the 8:30 ladder. I played a guy who normally is in the top group the first match. He's just been away for a while. He is a better player and I was happy to come back to get 2 games. I lost a crucial game at 2-3. The second match was against a guy who is getting better and we have been having close matches. I was up 3-2 and lost 2 close games after that for a disappointing defeat. The third set I had well in hand from the begining and cruised to my first shut out. This guy appears a bit rusty and I can see that he will improve and become a challenge down the road.

No comments: