Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Monday Night Ladder - 10/22/07

4-3, 5-2, 1-6

Faced an old friend and 2 new subs. I was happy with my overall play. Feeling some confidence. Moving the ball around and sustaining a consistent first serve. Serve still needs a lot of work. More spin and a bit more speed. 2nd serve needs more aggressive snap and pop. Faced a vicious 1st serve in game 2 but was not consistent. He had a lot of back spin in which I can detect, get to the spot, set my feet and anticipate the ball fluttering there to be hit. Forced many errors on his side. Played great defense, getting balls over where I don't think they were expected, causing some pressure. 1-6 game was against a guy with spin serve and drop shots all over. I need to adjust for this game...anticipate and lob over to get him out of position.

No comments: